Monday, November 22, 2010

365 Days

A friend of mine approached me regarding a certain New Year's resolution. It comes from the human obsession of legacy making, and I've jumped on it simply because I feel like I need a bit more discipline. 365 days, 365 bits of expression. This has to go beyond journaling, otherwise the project is indistinguishable from my regular blogging. Fuck that. I was thinking about drinking a beer a day, and writing a simple review, or maybe selecting a song from an obscure 80's post-rock album and writing a critique, which would be cool because I don't know dick about music and if there aren't any lyrics to focus on, I may have fun struggling to define my own nebulous concept of what's good and bad with pure instrumentation. At the end of the day, it's really all about telling somebody why I like something, or why I think it's filth. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment